I have been praying for the Lord to orchestrate my days, SPECIFICALLY, yes- I need the Lord to be VERY specific, because knowing me- I might miss the obvious.
I wanted to just remove things from my plate. When I went to friends for advice, they offered, "quit committing yourself"! This is a great suggestion, but then how do you know what to say YES to and what to say NO to?
For a short time, I had pushed aside several of my hobbies thinking that this would 'make more time'. At the end of the day, I felt like I had short changed myself and felt unfulfilled. So, now what?
I continue to pray for guidance, to remove any distractions, to organize my days for His glory.
So, what does that look like?
Is that suppose to be a mom running around hectic, forgetting a lunch box or a backpack for school, a load of laundry always waiting for me, or a 'to-do' list that never seems marked off? I am not sure but I am in pursuit of a better answer.So far, not much has been removed from my plate, as a matter of fact I think I may have even added a couple things. No surprise to those of you that know what I am talking about (and those of you that don't- you receive my ultimate respect for keeping it all together!). Last week, I was ready for a change and I got an answer. Actually, I believe it was a SHOVE because I am not so sure that this would have been MY answer. I am a person that loves my sleep. Don't get me wrong, I don't nap and lay around all day but I do like to go to bed at a decent hour (usually 10pm) and I like to sleep until at least 7am, a full 9 hours is definitely a must.
However, my answer is going to change that...a little. You have heard the statement, "there are not enough hours in a day".
Well, I got the prompting to add several hours to my days.
I am on Day 2 of getting up at 5am. I made a calendar with all my reoccurring commitments and blocked off my morning to have uninterrupted time. It is only the beginning, so check back with me after a couple weeks or even a month.
But today, I got up at 5 after working night shift at the hospital and not getting home until after midnight. For some reason I am full of unexplained energy.
- And this was the encouragement I received from my morning bible study, too encouraging not to share...
No comments:
Post a Comment