Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Mother's day strikes again

My dear husband is so sweet.  He asked me last week what I wanted for Mother’s day.  He said he didn’t want me to have to worry about a thing on my day
As I thought of the many things I could request for Mother’s day, here were the first thoughts that came to my mind...

  • Sleep.  Uninterrupted, sleep.  No pitter pats in the morning, no alarm clock, no getting up to let the dog out, no middle of the night wake up bc someone is going to the bathroom.  Just deep sleep. (no snoring honey!) For once sleeping in past 7am.  I want to know what it would it be like to make it until 9am until my feet hit the floor.
  • Coffee.  Hot, waiting for me at 9:05 on the nightstand, brought to me by my smiling children. 
  • Breakfast- at 9:15 Eggs benedict and fruit on a bed tray with fresh flowers and cards- hand written from my kids with heartfelt words of affection.(even if you made them do it under duress)
  • family time, maybe a walk or bike ride- cheerful, joyful children, no evidence of grumbling or complaining.  Radiant husband eager to serve, please, and pamper
  • boat ride and picnic- 11am- at this point, I don’t care what is in the basket!  If we can accomplish the morning with the above listed items- we have conquered all things! Call it a successful mother’s day.  Pack a picnic of peanuts.  I mean really- who cares! If you can make it until noon, you have won a trophy! 
Good luck to all the dads and children out there, just grin and bear it until noon and then you are good.  
Really!  
We just want to sleep in, 
have no screaming, 
see some kindness
RELAX, 
and see you sweat it out....
OK...I JUST THREW THAT IN THERE...
Just speaking the truth! 
HOPE YOU HAVE A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
AND IF NOT, 
THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!



No comments: