Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sweet whispers from heaven

 I have heard God’s sweet whispers several times this week.  Once after my grandmother’s funeral.  Let’s back up a little bit…
My granny was in hospice.  On Sunday night (early Monday morning), the nurses helped her up to the restroom.  As she awoke, she spoke to the nurses and as we now know, her last words were, “Don’t let me fall.” 
As we observed her burial, the pastor (unknowingly) shared some verses, one of which was Jude 24-25...
‘Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.’
What a great reminder of God’s promise!

As I was on the way to church this morning, the Lord again spoke to my heart.  This was the first Sunday after my grandmother's passing.  I was on the way to service with my grandmother’s bible in hand (that she took to every service and every bible study). God prompted me to take notes in her bible every Sunday from this day forward!

So while she isn’t physically at church with me, 
She will always be very much present with me!

From the moment I walked through the doors into service of my oh so familiar church, it felt different.
As the sermon began, I opened my grandmother’s bible, ready to take notes….
The pastor asked us to turn to.

Psalms 23,

specifically Psalms 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
This was a 'really God?!' moment.

So I read this familiar passage that was just shared at my grandmothers funeral. I heard the preaching on being in the valley of the shadow of death. I turned to my mom sitting next to me on the pew and we both knew we were hearing sweet whispers from heaven.
We heard of Gods presence, promise, and protection. During this service, I felt all three!
Following the sermon, the worship team lead the congregation to sing He leadth me, acapello.  This was yet another REALLY GOD?! Moment.  We had just sang this song days prior at my grandmother’s funeral. 
This was another assurance from God that He had perfectly planned this service to minister to my heart. My grandmother may not have been with me at church but her spirit enveloped me!

I am so grateful for the sweet whisperings from heaven! 

No comments: