Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2015

It's the little things...

This week has been a little unusual.  My husband has been out of town all week.  The kids had a day off of school mid-week.  And I worked more than usual this week.  I came home today and hurriedly cleaned the house before it was time to pick up the kids from school.  It was nice to get everything done but as I drove to get the kids, I thought to myself…why did I bother rushing around to get the house clean when my husband isn't coming home to notice?  
I shrugged it off and thought, "Oh well…it feels good to get it done and out of the way."
Then I picked up my kids.  Both were full of energy and unusally excited. As soon as we got home, my son stopped and gave me a big hug and thanked me for taking care of him and taking care of our family.  
These words made my day! 
MADE. MY. DAY! 
Sometimes we forget the impact of our words and just how much they mean to others.  But these words hung on me for the rest of the evening.  Yes, my husband is not home to notice…but someone else also very important DID notice.

How do YOUR words impact others?
Gracious words are like a honeycomb,
    sweetness to the soul and health to the body. Proverbs 16:24

No comments: