Search This Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2015

The grass IS greener

I came home one morning this week and had to take a picture of my grass. It was visibly greener than both my neighbors’ lawn. It looked so healthy! Several areas in the yard had new growth.

I wondered what happened?
But then I realized the landscaper had been to our house 
and sprayed fertilizer!

It wasn't long before I went from admiring the beautiful green lush lawn to thinking about the maintenance
And already, I started dreading the weekly mowing!

THIS made me think of my spiritual growth.  

Am I daily fertilizing with Gods word to allow growth?
Is my walk with Christ visibly different? 
I'm reminded that it takes extra work and maintenance 
but the grass will certainly be greener.
Lord, as the season change, the grass is greener and the flowers are in bloom, 
renew my commitment to grow closer to you!

“All flesh is as grass, And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, And its flower falls away, But the word of the LORD endures forever.”  (I Peter 1:24-25 NKJV)


No comments: