Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

More than skin deep?

This morning my son ate a plum for breakfast. He ate the skin off the plum but left all the fruit. He said he was done with it. I told him he was missing the best part of the fruit. 
The center of the fruit is where it is the juiciest and sweetest. 
However, my words did not matter, he was done and did not want the 'good' part. 
So, I did what any good mom would do
I took the 'good part' and ate it myself! 

This morning was a great reminder. 
How do I consume the fruits of the Spirit. 
Do I just go skin deep? 
Or am I reflecting the sweet parts of the fruit? 
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.” (Galatians 5:22-23)
Am I showing this type of love to others that Christ offers me? 
Am I daily experiencing joy 
or is it dependent on the circumstance? 
Am I easily irritated or frustrated, impatient with others 
OR 
do I have peace that surpasses all understandings
Is it my goal to serve others or just to look to my own desires? 


God, don't let me pass up the sweetest and juiciest part of the fruit that you have planned for me.  So often, it is too easy to just be 'done' and not go beyond the surface.  Lord, help me to go deeper and not pass up the 'good part' you created for me! 

No comments: