Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Enjoying life long upon the land

I went to my grandmother's house early this morning. I arrived at 8am and, she was already up and at it!  
She had gotten up at the early hour of 6am! 
I had gotten up at 6am also but the difference was….
I was dragging to get my day started yet my 93 year old grandmother had more energy than I had!

She had already had breakfast, taken her medicine, and checked her blood sugar.

So, I helped her get cleaned up and dressed for the day. As we finished, I wanted to pick up the clothes and make her bed, but she insisted on doing it herself!
Strong and determined~ 
are two words that describe my grandmother.
He gives power to the faint,
 and to him who has no might he increases strength Isaiah 40:29
But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
    they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
    they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 30:31


Then, we sat down together 
and she read me her daily devotion.

Dedicated.
She puts God as a priority and His light shines through her!
I don't have to wonder where she gets her 
strength and determination. 
I know fully where it comes from!

It was pressed upon me to clean her light switches before I left today.
1. Because they needed to be cleaned….
And
2. It was a great reminder to me that I need to come DAILY before The Lord 
to be cleansed and allow my switch to be turned ON 
to allow His light to shine brighter through me.

Thank you Lord for the example of my grandmother 

Arise, shine; And the glory of the LORD will rise upon you

No comments: