Search This Blog

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Leaving a Legacy

{Trip to Greece, the unpacking continues…}

One of the highlights of our trip was hearing our missions partner share stories of his personal testimony. Midweek, while at the top of the city lights, he shared the story of his mother. He told us his mother's passion for The Lord, her faith, her perseverance despite trials, and the journey that ultimately led to generational living for Jesus.

I couldn't help from feeling moved by the impact that this one lady made on so many lives. By standing firm in her faith, by challenging false doctrine, by enduring hardships, by always putting Jesus first, this lady set an example. She spiritually birthed two boys that love and serve The Lord. These men are now missionaries reaching across the globe for Christ. Now, here I am inspired by my missionary partner's mother. 

We will never know the full impact that this ONE lady made in so many lives.

It makes me examine my own life.  What legacy am I leaving my own children? 
What am I passing on to my children’s children?

One person really CAN make a difference, for generations to
come.

What legacy do YOU want to leave for the next generation?
We will not hide them from their children, but tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the Lord, and his might, and the wonders that he has done. Psalm 78:4


You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. 

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

1 comment:

ComeHaveaPeace said...

I love this Mitzi. So well said and such a great reminder that mothering is no small job or ever an insignificant contribution. You're doing a great job of leaving a legacy for K&B!