Search This Blog

Monday, November 24, 2014

{Inspired to do more}

{Trip to Greece, the unpacking continues…}

I met a young woman in Greece that left an impact on me.  She was 23 years old.  She was serving at Helping Hands.  She got her visa while we were there.  She was a strong, independent young lady.  She had come to Athens alone looking for missions work and found a place to serve at Helping Hands.  

Think about those things I have just said…
23 years old
 alone
seeking missions work
I don't know about you but a flood of thoughts come to mind when I think about those facts….
  • I was no where close in my walk with the Lord to go across the globe at the young age of 23 to do any kind of work. 
  • Would I want my daughter to go to a foreign land to serve alone?
  • What type of background did this young lady have to bring her to this place in life….

She left me wanting to know more about her story! 

I talked with her and found out her story.  She came from a pretty normal American family background.  She had been to church most of her life.  Her mom is a believer, her father not so much. Here is where her story becomes a little bit different…

She felt a call from the Holy Spirit to serve. 
And she followed this prompting and obeyed His call. 
I pray that I will not only listen to God's word but obey when He calls me out of my comfort zone! 

1 comment:

ComeHaveaPeace said...

Active faith is always inspiring, isn't it? So glad you could meet this courageous, obedient young woman!