Search This Blog

Sunday, November 16, 2014

In the beginning...

{Trip to Greece, the unpacking of memories…}

I will start my journey as most do….in the airport.  



Tears began to well up... the thought of leaving home
,leaving family, 
leaving what is familiar for the unknown
.

Uncertainty                                             
Anxiety
Worry

The heart struggles to reconcile these fleeting emotions.


Feelings are funny aren't they?


Our definition of home and family...
sometimes even in the good intentions of life those definitions are disconnected and disassociated with the biblical true definitions.


{Home} not of this world, heaven, eternal home, no more sorrow, no pain, in the spirit, immortal, imperishable


{family} seed of Abraham, household of God, his flock, his sheep

Home and family become redefined as I look through the biblical lens. I look at every person in my daily interactions as an extension of the family of Christ I have been allowed to be a part of.  I am not leaving my family as I go to support our missionary partners. I am extending myself to be united with our one family with one Father, one savior.

1 comment:

ComeHaveaPeace said...

I love the conclusions you drew about "leaving" family versus being "united" with family. It's a privilege to be able to experience this. Helps us to know we are truly citizens of heaven and this world is a temporary home.