Search This Blog

Monday, November 17, 2014

Greetings from Greece


We were greeted at the Cosmo Vision center with greetings of love and incredibly delicious Greek food that would make me fly back just for that alone! I can still taste the greek salad, feta cheese, soup, potatoes- I don’t think I have ever had them cooked like that!, followed by apple cake and ice cream…and this was just lunch!  Let it be noted, when you come to Greece, leave your diet at home!  

Just when I thought this meal couldn’t get any better, 
it was followed by fellowship with our missionary hosts. 

We were quickly introduced to the background and meaning of the center. 

Cosmo cosmos (Ancient Greek: κόσμος) means the order of the Universe, the concept of a divine order, or divinely ordered creation. This is joined together with an American word, vision.  Vision means direction and revelation.  These two terms join together to display the divinely ordered creation fulfilling Gods vision.

My love for our missionary partners 
has already began to grow. 

They also wanted us to know what was going on in their city. 
We were then visited by representatives from Nea Zoi. They gave us insight into the sex trafficking within the city of Greece. The city has over 500 brothels. Their mission is restoration of these ladies, a great reminder that out of ruins a new life emerges.

They shared a story with us about women that come to worship and then go back to work at the brothels. 
It is sad…
they don't see their brokenness.

Yet, it makes me reflect on my own life. How often do I go to church but then as I go home, I go about my daily activities of life through the week without operating in God’s transforming grace. I don't recognize my own brokenness. 

Are you going to church and worshipping and then coming home and going back to the routine never recognizing and responding to the call to be changed, to be transformed? 

Are you broken?

Are you just like these ladies…going back to the brothels of your own life?

Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3




No comments: