Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Today...

As I sat in the pew at church Sunday, I knew it would be a special day.  Special because today is the day the Lord has made and we are glad and rejoicing!  Special because it was Sabbath, a day of rest and worship.  Special because it was a day of communion.  What I didn’t know was the plans the Lord had made for this day to be special for other reasons….

As we were waiting for service, I explained to my kids the serious nature of communion.  I answered their questions of, “do I wait to eat the cracker”, “why is Dad passing the trays”, and “can I go ahead and drink the juice?”

As the trays were passed and as we prayed, I felt my daughter squeeze my hand tightly.  We exchanged smiles but I could tell by the expression on her face that something else was going on. 

It wasn’t until after service that I asked my daughter about that moment.  She immediately told me that God was present with her during service.  She felt the Lord speaking to her to not let go of Him!

This was followed by my son’s observation.  He told me that after service he felt a weird feeling.  When I asked him more about it, he said there was a fight going on inside his heart.  In his own words,

“I feel like the devil and God are fighting over my heart”.

These words from a 7-year-old boy, could only come from above!  He summed up the struggles of believers and nonbelievers in one simple statement. 

Wow. 

My kids not only heard the voice of God but listened to that voice! There is no greater gift than for the Lord to call fourth your children and see them respond! 

My heart is full and overflowing with joy.  I pray that we will continue to have open ears to hear His voice as he calls us to Him!

Thankful for how the Lord has a unique and special plan for each and EVERY day!



This is the day the Lord has made;

We will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

No comments: