Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Looking past the mess...

As I am cleaning the house today, I enter my kids rooms. I am changing their sheets. I stop and look around. 
I have to pause and just sit.



It would be easy to be caught up in the piles in my daughter's desk. Or look at the things in the floor that need to be put away. Or look at the disgusting lump of toothpaste on the side of my sons sink.



But today was different.


I stopped long enough to see beyond the mess.
I sat at my son and daughter's desk and wrote them letters. I wrote them letters telling them exactly what I saw.
I saw a room of reminders. Reminded of how they are filled with joy and bring so much of that joy into my own life.
Reminded of how creative and unique each one of them are made.
Reminded of my daughters love and compassion for animals, for God's creation.
Reminded of how my son likes to be set apart and is not scared to be different.
As I change the sheets on my kids beds today, God allowed me to see past the mess.

What is YOUR mess? Will you ask God to give you eyes to see past the mess you are in? Your mess may look different. It might be a sickness, cancer, a difficult child, a death of a loved one, a difficult test, school, a troubled marriage, a divorce. 
Our messes all look  VERY different. 

But Jesus is the same! He looks past the mess and gives hope!

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28 NKJV)



No comments: