Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fine Tooth Comb

"go over something with a fine-tooth comb"
Have you ever heard or used this phrase?

As I received message from a friend of ours that lice was 'going around'. I got to experience the phrase firsthand as I literally went through my daughter's hair with a fine toothed comb....searching to make sure she did not have any.
As I went through this process, I thought 
            'What does it mean when people say this phrase anyhow?
To go over with a fine toothed comb means(v); To search through something very carefully and thoroughly;  A method of investigating; To examine with great detail.
The Lord spoke to me through this phrase.
 It brought me to examine my bible study 
& my devotional time.
Do I go through the pages of God's word with a fine toothed comb? 
Do I search through His message carefully? 
Do I go about my devotional time investigating and examining 
how Gods truth applies to my life with great detail and attention?

Sometimes The Lord uses just this type of 
real life 'stuff' to get our attention FULLY to Him.

Lord, open my eyes to see your truth in greater detail, to search your word and know you better, help me not to be satisfied with surface level bible study. Help me to use a fine toothed comb as a go through the pages of Your word.

But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul. (‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭4‬:‭29‬ NKJV)

No comments: