Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Life is a beach!

I love the beach!
I don't think I'm alone in this thought.
But WHY do I love the beach so much?
I love the smell. It is refreshing and bright. I love the feeling of the
sand between my toes. I love the breeze and the warmth of the air. I
love the schedule or better yet the lack of schedule at the beach. It
is relaxing. I am never in a hurry at the beach, never rushed. I have
quiet moments. I take time to read. I disconnect from the 'urgency' to be busy. I am more aware of the beauty around me. I am not distracted.


 I live in the moment.

There is a freedom at the beach to just 'be'.

 The beach is peaceful.


I walk leisurely down the beach watching parents play with their kids in the waves, past the lounge chairs of people reading, some with their eyes closed, couples holding hands walking in front of me, kids building sand castles as their parents
take pictures. They are living life in the moment.

I am leaving the beach today. I'm leaving this great feeling.
But what if, I could take the beach WITH me?

 No, I don't mean bringing back a bottle of sand. I don't mean
gathering a bag of shells to display in my house.
(I have already done these things...).
What I mean is, bringing back all those things that make me love the beach....
What if I lived every day as if it was refreshing and bright
regardless of what it looks like outside my window.
The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. Psalm 19:7

 What if I was more intentional about my schedule.  What if I took some things out of my daily routine to make time to have quiet moments, to take more time to read, to not be in a state of hurry or rush. What if I spent this time instead recognizing the beauty all around me.

 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Ecclesiastes 3:11
What if I embraced the feeling to 'just be'.
Today, I have decided to bring the beach home.
To live life abundantly, to live full.

No comments: