Search This Blog

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Watching my kids sleep...

I tucked the kids into bed tonight. Both kids asked me to lay with them. So I said yes to both. I watched my daughter drift off into a dream-like state. Then I walked across the hall and repeated the process with my son.
Laying beside my children, watching them sleep peacefully...I began to drift into my own dreamland.

I watched their chests rise and fall. I watched their eyes flutter. I listened to their breathing get heavier. I looked at their beautiful soft skin, glowing from the nightlight. I kissed their sweet lips. Every detail about my children is precious!












Gone were the groans of day.  Gone were the endless repeated requests of  'did you pick up your room?'  'Be nice to your brother'.  'Eat your dinner'. 


The kids were simply Perfect in my sight



I go to my own bed with a thankful heart. 

Thankful for these sweet gifts that slumber in the bedrooms above me.

And I begin to wonder...is this what my Heavenly Father feels?  He looks at us as perfect.  He looks past our grumbling, complaining, selfish, prideful, lazy, unkind, harsh words...


We are simply perfect in His sight.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them
Ephesians 2:10


No comments: