Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

And the Award goes to...drumroll please....

So, it is 15 days into 2014 and already the 
Worst Mom of the Year has been awarded!  
No need to compete for this one ladies...
it's all me, thank you very much.


I was telling a friend the other day to pray for meekness for me. I told her that if the meek shall inherit the earth. (Matthew 5:5 NKJV), I would surely inherit a big dose of nothing. When I asked for prayer in this way, I didn't realize just how much I needed it.


You see, I enjoy yelling. I slam doors. I like to think its a gene embedded deep in my soul.

Yesterday was, well, one of those days....


It began as a normal day. My son and I had homeschool. He complained of a headache and we laid down and snuggled together. Then we got our work done and even did an extra fun project. Things were good. I picked up my daughter  from school and they went straight to their rooms and worked diligently on homework while I cleaned house. 


It was a good day.

Then dinner time came. Is this time of day stressful for anyone else? Why does it have to be that way?


We sit down, everyone eats dinner pleasantly except my son. Same scenario EVERY night. I feel like we have to coach him through every bite to just get through a meal. After a while, this grates on my nerves. Last night, was one of those times. I picked up the fork and began to feed my son that is perfectly capable of doing it himself. I yelled at him to eat. I told him 'how sick I was of this happening every night'.  I even set a timer for him to be done because 'I was over it!'


It was at this point my son got up from the table and puked in the bathroom stating his head was throbbing!


He had a migraine! 


He didn't feel like eating. 

And here Worst Mom of the Year had pushed and pushed because to me it seemed like every other time he doesn't eat. I felt like crawling out of the room. Of course I did get to get on my knees to clean up puke. 


The Lord has his way of getting me on my knees one way or another!

So this brings me back to my prayer for meekness. 

I need a double dose please!! 
I actually do NOT enjoying yelling, or slamming doors. 


I want to be THAT mom filled with patience, power under control, quick to listen and slow to speak.

Meek: humble, teachable, and patient under suffering; willing to follow gospel teachings; an attribute of a true disciple, gentle, instructing those that oppose, meekness allows a person to overlook or forgive perceived insults or offenses.


Lord, fill me with the fruit of the spirit, meekness!

1 comment:

Stephanie Shotwell said...

I have never commented on a blog in my life. But since I am mentioned in this as said person who is praying I have to comment.

As the body of Christ there are many who make it up. All having it's own function so, though I am praying for meekness for my precious friend Mitzi. I also am praying for your other atributes at which you excel to become even more abundant in her life.
Galations 5:22-23 reads.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Anyone who knows you Mitzi knows your cup run over in MOST of these areas!!! You are off the charts when it comes to LOVE, JOY, KINDNESS and GOODNESS!!!
So girl cut your self some slack!!! It takes us all to make up the body of Christ and serve the Lord. If we ask it in Jesus Name the meekness will come but I love you just the way God made you. Full of Joy and love for the Lord and others.

Love you!!!