Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Looking back


When I met Larry 16 years ago, 
I knew he was the man for me!


He made me laugh. 
He made me smile. 
He was fun, funny, smart, and of course handsome!


I knew he would make me very happy.





Through our 14 years of marriage, 
The Lord has taught me a lot 
about being happy through this wonderful man!



  • He leads us. Our family would be lost without his compass for our lives. He leads us in so many directions! First, to Jesus. Second, to loving each other. Then to working hard and laughing harder! He fills our house with joy that could only come from The Lord!
  • He speaks the truth.  Larry has the gift of telling it like it is! He doesn't sugar coat the truth. His yes means yes, and his no means no! You always know where you stand with him!
  • He stands firm for what he believes in. This one attribute deepens my love for the man. Larry will not give into  something that contradicts his beliefs. (Even if it means missing a good dinner...there's a story there.)
  • He is humble. He doesn't mind admitting when he is wrong or better yet just not giving into my desire to pick a fight...he knows when to walk away especially when I don't!
  • He doesn't serve me as his number one priority. I know, that's a tough one to swallow, and a hard lesson to learn as a newlywed. It took me years to realize I should NOT be his number one....He serves The Lord first. I'm second. And happy to be a runner-up!


But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” – Matthew 6:33


Today, I am thankful that God can turn marriage into something that resembles heaven on Earth and my husband into a godly reflection of Himself!

Titus 2:11-12 says: "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say 'No' to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age" (NIV).


1 comment:

The Fat CEO said...

Mitzi, you make it so easy to do these things. Thanks for being my best friend, an unbelievable wife and a loving mother.

And thank you for pointing me back the cross when I need it. I love you!