Search This Blog

Sunday, September 15, 2013

He speaks to little hearts

There are certain things that happen in life that you will never forget.  The day you meet your spouse, your wedding day, the birth of your child.
Last week, we witnessed one of those events.
Our son accepted Jesus into his heart.  
It was an ordinary day.  It was our ordinary routine.  Our bedtime was the same.  His prayer was different! He spoke his own words.  All I heard was the Holy Spirit speaking through his little 6 year old's mouth.  

Now, September 5, 2013 will be forever etched into my mind.  

Brenon's Eternal birthday! 

Thankful! 
Very Thankful! 

Since that night, we have noticed the Holy Spirit at work in Brenon's behavior.  But as with most things, my son says it best in his own words, so here goes....

Last week, I picked up Brenon from school.  He got into the car and couldn't wait to tell me about his day.  He started by telling me that he raised his hand to answer questions ALL day at school. I gave him encouragement, but he wasn't satisfied with my response.   He insisted, "No, Mom- you don't understand, I did NOT want to put my hand up in class".  To which I replied, "Um, okay son." Again, he wasn't happy with that response.  He insisted, 'Mom, there was no wind pushing my hand up in class!'.  Again, I was happy with him but he wasn't happy with me, I wasn't getting what he was trying to tell me.  So, he exasperatly stated, "Mom, God pushed my hand up ALL day to answer questions even though I didn't want to!"

Jesus said, 
“Let the little children come to me, 
and do not hinder them, 
for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” 

No comments: