Search This Blog

Monday, August 26, 2013

Name that tune

I set off yesterday for my morning run. 

God gives me strength but I also need something to keep up the motivation as I run. 



Music! 


For me, the extra little skip in my step comes from the tunes playing in my ears. As I was running, what I hoped for...happened! A song played through my ear buds that caused my pace to pick up speed. 


If I was chasing skinny, I was catching up.

Then, something unexpected happened.  I began to sing...OUT LOUD. For those that know me, this is not a gifted area for me! I quickly turned to make sure no one was listening.
Whew, no one was around!


Today, I went for my run but this time at a local park. As I passed one gentlemen, I noticed he ran with an extra vigor. As our paths crossed, I heard him!  

He was singing. 
He wasn't looking around to make sure no one was looking. As a matter of fact, I think he knew I heard him and frankly didn't care! What was he singing that did not hinder him?


He was praising Jesus!
I swallowed hard.

I do such a good job of encouraging others, mostly my family- to not fear, to shine your light, to sing praises onto the Lord.


Was I taking my own advice? 

I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High. (Psalm 9:2 NKJV)

I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee. (Psalm 138:1 KJV)

So, the next run I go on, if you see me and a good inspirational song comes on, I will sing. It might be out if tune, so just smile as you pass by!

Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. (Psalm 100:2 NKJV)

No comments: