Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2013

Sovereignty

God's Sovereignty
what is it anyway?

The way I like to think of it is.... control even when we aren't!

When you are having one of those days that you just need a friend to help carry the burdens of life, and that phone call comes at just the time you need it. Or the phone doesn't ring because you need to go to the throne instead of the phone.
The job that you have prayed about and you get a call that you are hired.
OR that you get the call that you did NOT get the job because it was not the right one for you.
OR better yet there is another company in desperate need of you but you just haven't been led there yet.

Ever have one of those days where everything seems to fall into place.
You find yourself having 'ah-ha moments' of clarity. The dots seem to connect perfectly together.
Okay, so maybe these days might be a little few and far between.

But for me today, was one of those days. It was revealed to me why some doors in my life had been slammed shut. Often times in the moment, we just find ourselves asking,
WHY?!

The Lord never shuts a door where He doesn't  open another.

When you do have one of those days often referred to as
"hindsight is 20/20', it is like
 seeing through the window of God's great plan.
God is sovereign,
He is in complete control over everything that happens.  
Nothing happens without His direction. 
He finely orchestrates every detail of each and every life.
~In Him also we have obtained an inheritance,
being predestined according to the purpose of Him
who works all things according to the counsel of His will, (Ephesians 1:11 NKJV)

What a blessing it is to be on the other side of a circumstance to see how
God connects and leads us.
But when I can't always be on that 'other' side of seeing how things will turn out,
I pray that I will remember, God is good! He is sovereign
Even when I find myself in the pit just like Joseph,
may I always find peace knowing I am part of His plan and purpose.

No comments: