Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday's Meaningful Moments

Today, we awoke on the first day of Spring Break
to cold weather and a dusting of snow!
 
What? 
Yep, that is how our day began.
 
I was on a mission to not let this forecast 'dampen' our day! 
We started our day with chocolate chip waffles
followed by the annual tradition of dyeing Easter eggs. 

As we colored the eggs, we began talking about the egg and how it symbolizes birth, and how when we dip our eggs into color and the eggs come out a new color, it is a great visual of how Jesus died for our sins and gave us a new life. 
As my daughter said best,
He took away our old life (dull and no color) and gave us a new life, vibrant and beautiful!
 
As we were making our eggs beautiful and having great conversation, I could feel the Lord's presence with us. 
It was nice to be still. 
There are so many everyday things that I miss because I don't take the time to really take them in. 
I have taken eggs out of this same kind of carton more times than I can count, and today was the first time I noticed the verse written on the inside of the carton!
 
The Lord is all around us,
we just have to take time to see His presence.
The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them. Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good
~Psalm 34:7-8
 
 
Thank you Lord for your gentle reminders
 of your ever presence, freeing us from the entanglement of sin and lovingly bringing us to a vibrant life with you!

No comments: