Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Crumbs...

This morning I had the pleasure of having coffee with a sweet group of ladies.  I sat with a hot cup of coffee in hand, taking in the good conversation about the ups and downs of daily life. I was reminded (again) of how we are created to lift one another up through all circumstances.

I was also reminded of a few other things....

We enjoyed sharing with one another over breakfast and our children running amongst our feet. I sat back and watched my friends daughter eat her muffin. This sweet toddler independently ate and had crumbs everywhere. Not once did my friend say a word about the mess or worry about it in the least. Afterwards, she picked her up and her daughter got crumbs all over her shoulder!  Again, not once did she make notice of it. 

But, I did ! 

It spoke to my heart just how much I get consumed with the little insignificant things that well...

just don't matter

So, for the shoes that pile up by the door, the socks thrown by the couch, the laundry that doesn't make it to the laundry room, the cups that get tipped over, the trail of crumbs that fall in the floor...these can all be cleaned up and wiped away. 

Just think, if you don't allow your kids to make a mess,
 they never learn to clean up after themselves. 

Yes, we need to teach our children to be careful and responsible but we also need to allow them to be imperfect.  For we all stumble in many things. (James3:2)
But let patience have  its  perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. (James 1:4)

No comments: