Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2012

Sickness

This week, we have had the flu. 
It started with my husband.  Last Friday, he was in bed at 4pm and honestly, I am not sure he got out of bed all weekend.  Followed by Saturday, my son spiked a fever and then on Sunday my daughter was next...I knew it was going to be a long week!
 
Ironically enough, through fevers, cough, and lack of sleep,
I have really enjoyed the time just being with the kids.

It was nice to snuggle all day EVERY day this week and just take care of them.  However, despite the comfort of having the kids home more, I have been heavy in prayer all week for God's healing hand.  As a parent, you never enjoy seeing your child suffer, whether it is a simple cold or a serious illness. 

Today, as I watched the news reports and update on the Connecticut shooting, I was reminded of just how much sickness we have in the world. Saddened, a loss for words, tears streaming,

just a mom reminded of how fragile life can be...
 
Again, I am heavy in prayer for God's healing hand
for our world...full of sickness!

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies


Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Ephesians 6:13


No comments: