Search This Blog

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Done, with the leftovers....


Almost one week post the Thanksgiving feast(s), and I am still eating turkey. The first day was so delightful, fresh moist turkey with yummy homemade stuffing, a side of my dad's best sweet potatoe casserole, my mother-in-law's recipe of macaroni salad, cranberry relish, fresh from the oven rolls, green bean casserole...so good!  But on day #6, it is not quite the same.
 
Don't get me wrong,
I am thankful for the food I am able to eat but you can only eat the same meal so many days in a row. I didn't even get creative this year with the leftovers. My neighbor on the other hand had a list of recipes to incorporate her leftovers, from tetrazzini to pot pies and soups.
 
So as my kids ask the dreaded question, 'what's for dinner?', 
I can say that tonight, it WON'T be turkey!

Do you like leftovers?
Does your family have the same feeling about leftovers?
Do you think God enjoys our leftovers?
I am pretty sure our Lord and
Savior is not a big fan of leftovers.


At the end of the day, exhausted with no mental capacity left,
is this the time you give to the Lord...
the leftovers?
I have to admit that when I pull out my bible study at the end of the day, snuggled warm in the bed, tired from the activities of the day, it is difficult to give my very best to the Lord. He convicts me of
this time and more often than not wakes me up the next morning extra early to give me the gentle reminder of allowing Him my time at the first of the day.
 
After all the bills are paid, groceries bought, toys for the kids, latest gadgets, and all the shopping for the trendiest clothes is done, then the budget is made for the church and charity...
is this how you give your resources to the Lord?
The Lord has certainly guided me down this path this year on what is 'needed' and opened my eyes to the true needs of others. As I respond to the ever occurring question of 'what do you want for Christmas', my list continues to change.
I pray your 'list' will change too.
“The first of the firstfruits of your land you shall bring to the
house of the Lord your God.” (Exodus 34:26 NKJV)

Honor the Lord with your possessions, And with the firstfruits of all your increase; (Proverbs 3:9 NKJV)

No comments: