Search This Blog

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Apple tree

Do you ever daydream about what you had as a child and want to recreate it for your own kids? 

I was daydreaming last year about how we had an apple tree in our backyard when I was growing up.  The apples would fall off the tree and we would bob for apples right out of the pool. 
It was the very next day, I showed up at Home Depot and bought our own apple trees!  There is no pool for them to fall into, but the apple trees are there and my kids love checking for the harvest. They are few and far between but we are patiently waiting for it to flourish!

I have to say, I love seeing the harvest too!  So much so, that I have both my kids their very own apple trees for their rooms!


I wanted a visual aid
&
 positive reinforment to really LIVE OUT 
Galatians 5:22-23.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.

It has been so rewarding to see God really speak into my kids' hearts.  I love seeing their delight when they add an apple to the tree.   When the tree is completely full of fruit, the kids will be treated to a date of their choice with Dad!  It really is a win-win for everyone. 

No comments: