Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Blessings

Blessed... 
What is it exactly that defines your blessings?   Is it who you are, or who you have become?   Or is it where you are, where you have been, or how far you have come? Is it what you have or what you have not defining the extent of blessing in your life?

Here is just a very small snapshot of the progression of blessings in my life.

As a child...
having a yard to play in, to set up cones and kick a soccer ball around the plum trees. 
Having loving parents - not perfect, not fit into a perfect little box with a white picket fence...but there for me!

As a teen...
A knowledge of the Lord
Friends to tell you what you don't want to hear but EXACTLY what you NEED to hear
Forgiveness -undeserved and unconditional 
Love- the kind that knows all, forgets all the bad and remembers all the good

As an adult....
Growing into a mature relationship with the Lord. 
Meeting the man created to join with me for the rest of my journey through life.
Giving birth to my children, watching them grow, and along the way, learning more about myself in the eyes of my child than anything in life could ever prepare my heart to know!
Going to support a friend and walking away the one that is inspired
Having a devoted love for the Lord 
A past left behind with eyes fixed upward and forward
A separation from the world and worldly desires
A burning desire to serve others
An unquenching pursuit to be productive in His Kingdom
Peace beyond understanding in the midst of life's trials 
Experiencing daily God in action in my life and the lives around me. 
The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? (1 Corinthians 10:16 NKJV)

I have found my blessings in the least expected places.  It doesn't seem to be the destination but yet the journey.  It is the roads traveled along the way, the  paths chosen AND the paths passed by. 
How do you define your blessings? 

No comments: