Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Spoiler

Have you ever read the last chapter of a book first?  If you are a non-reader, like me then you just want the storyline, skip all the unnecessary and get to the point.  So, yes- I have to admit that I have done this on more than one occassion...too many to count.  However, I am training myself to become more of an avid reader.  I have found that it helps when you are reading non-fiction, christian books because you cant really 'skip' anything, everything is the point!
This week, I got the ending of a beautiful story before I ever knew there was a story.  I woke up out of a sound sleep and could not go back to sleep.  As I laid there and rested with my thoughts, trying to convince myself back into a deep dreamland, the same thoughts kept repeating in my mind. 
I finally had to get out the pen and paper on my nightstand and scribble down these thoughts.  Remember, this is at 3am, but it went a little something like this....
Dont give me the same worn out wishes and repeated requests. 
Leave your worn out requests at the feet of Jesus
and step forward in faith. 
Move past the things of your past and step forward to the next beautiful step of life. 
The Lord did not send His Son to die on the cross for you to relive your sin everyday  as if it is Groundhog day. 
Release it to Him, the author and illustrater of ALL things.   
Be Thankful today for where you are but better yet,
Where you are going!
I wake up the next day and dont know what to make of it.  Then, most of the week passes and I finally make time to get caught up on my bsf.  It is then I realized that, even though I had not done my lesson- God had already spoken the lesson in my heart.  My notes and study reinforced His message. 
Hebrews 6:12 
Do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Are you sluggish in your walk?
Do you bring your repeated requests to God?
Lay the sins of the past to death and move forward in Christ.
Dont look back, but straight ahead, knowing, ready, and expectant.
Not an ounce of regret and full of certainty.
This is forward moving to eternity!



No comments: