Search This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Family Challenge...

I am currently reading a book about Spiritual Disciplines. It has impressed upon me the importance of daily bible intake and memorization.  I am endeavoring to make this journey 'fun' for the family and to also plug into our competitive spirits! 
So....We have started a family challenge!
For our first verse of the week, we chose 2 Peter 1:6-7
Add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love

My daughter is like a sponge, so she quickly learned this verse and was happy to challenge me! 
I also noticed that the more she said the verse, the more it became apparent in her attitude.  I noticed more love and kindness between my kids.
Having the words fresh on their lips and in their minds seemed evident in their hearts through their behavior!

I commented to my daughter how kind-hearted she had been acting towards her brother.  She then turned to me and asked, "I know the bible says BROTHERLY kindness but is there anything in there about SISTERLY kindness?"
Nothing like a little literal translation!

No comments: