Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What is in a name?

We go about choosing our children's names by going through baby books and researching the top popular names.  We try to pick something unique, or tie into family names of generations past.  Ultimately, it comes down to the Lord. In Isaiah 45:4 "I have even called you by your name", He has named us before we were formed in our mother's womb. 
In a study today of Isaiah 50, speaking of those that walk in the light of the Lord, one of the questions referred to being kindle to the light.  So, I had to look up the definition of kindle for a deeper meaning.  Kindle means to arouse and be called forth, to be ignited by a single spark and spread fire, to GLOW for miles.  Gasp....THAT IS MY KENDALL!!
She has been aroused by the Lord by a single spark, ignited in spirit, GLOWING to those around her!  How beautiful that the Lord choose THIS name for my baby girl and called her this even before she was in her mother's womb. 
I could not have chosen such a perfect name for my precious child of God but now I LOVE it even more with a consuming flame....started by my little Kendall (Kindle).

As a side note- I also found that Kindle means a collection of kittens.  My Kendall adores cats and at this young age wants to be vet.  Again, a more perfect name- I could not have chosen!

No comments: