Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

AWAKENED by the storm

I don't know about you, but I was AWAKENED last night to the sounds of a raging storm outside my window. It was 2am and all I could do was listen to the sounds of the gusting wind. I stared at the clock wishing I could go back to sleep knowing that 5am would be quickly approaching.











Isn't that just like the Lord, he AWAKENS our spirit to Him. He opens our eyes to see and opens our ears to hear.
Proverbs 20:12, 'Ears that hear and eyes that see-
the LORD has made them both'

He calls us not to fall back into our old ways but to be a new creation. He commands us to have a spirit AWAKENED to Him. We are to gather together in prayer and fellowship. 'Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming' Matthew 24:42


Will you have an AWAKENDED spirit for the Lord? Will you allow God to take control of the storms in your life? Heaven is God's throne and the earth is his footstool. If you believe this you can survive any storm!

On the last Monday of every month in 2011, various churches in Knoxville are hosting a time to gather together in prayer. It's called Prayer for Awakening. This Monday, from noon -1pm, Northstar church will host a time of prayer. This is a time to come and pray; to gather together as the body of Christ.




1 comment:

ComeHaveaPeace said...

Mitzi, I love this picture. YES, I was awakened last night, and this image will stay with me as I pray for our city each day, but especially on Monday. Thanks for helping to spread the word!