Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Helpful tips

Okay, let me start by saying, this is not my normal blog post.  But, maybe it should be!  I love to get helpful hints from other moms, so I thought I would share mine today!
As a commitment to be a good steward of our money, I have decided to veto the dry cleaners and take on the duty myself.  I know, I know- you think that is crazy, let someone else do it but hear me out. 
My husband's love language is acts of service, so this also allows me to feel a sense of servitude to him. Kill two birds with one stone- I am speaking my husband's love language AND saving us money. 
So, I wash the first load of dress shirts and his favorite shirt comes out with a big stain on the collar! I am not sure what it was but it looked like grease.  So, I am thinking, "great, first load and his favorite shirt is ruined", maybe this isn't such a good decision.  Lucky for me, I have 'TIDE to go' stain remover pen and Shout.  I try both of these in two additional washes with NO luck.  UGH!! Now what? Should I just take them to the cleaners and let them deal with it?  No, that is not my nature to just give up so easily.  So, I do a little digging and find a recommended solution....SUNSCREEN!  Yes, you read that correctly!  I had no idea that sunscreen could be used to removed stains and frankly was a little hesitant to glob it on my husband's shirt.  But guess what? IT WORKED!!!  So, I thought it worthy of passing on this unconventional stain remover tip in case you too want to take on the dry cleaning task OR if you just need to get a stain out of the kid's clothes!

No comments: