Search This Blog

Friday, October 01, 2010

Tender moments...

For those of you that know me, know that I do NOT nap.  However, today was different.  My son looked at me with his big blue eyes and asked me if I would lay down with him.  How could I resist?  I laid beside him and enjoyed the peaceful sweet time by his side.  It was nice to have time with just him, to focus my attention just to HIS needs.  I let go of all the distractions of the day, of all the "things" I could be getting done.  My "to-do" list was gone for the moment.  My son kept reaching his hand over on my face to make sure that I was still there.  He occassionaly would take my hand and squeeze it tight.  He finally drifted off to sleep with his arms wide spread and the most comforted look on his face.  I just love to watch him sleep! When he woke up, he turned to me with his eyes barely open and said, "You are a nice Mommy.  I love you"
I began to thank God for this special time with my son.  As I prayed, I realized this must be the way the Lord desires His own children.  He wants to be attentive to our needs.  He desires the peaceful moments when we set aside our distractions and focus solely on Him.  He wants  to be our comfort!   He desires for us to turn our eyes fully to Him with thanksgiving and praise. 
Isaiah 66:13 As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you.

No comments: