Search This Blog

Monday, March 08, 2010

Sometimes I have to say…Really? Seriously?
So, I am going through my bible study notes and I come to a question that I am not sure that I have the answer. I am sure this has happened to you before, you come to a question and either you just jot something down just to put something on paper or you contemplate on it until you really feel you have your answer. So, I skipped it and went on with the plan to come back to it later. I kept coming back to the question, praying that God would reveal the answer. Days later, I still had no answer, but continued to think & pray about it. Here is the question, “Can you think of a time when you experienced Jesus’ presence in the midst of trouble even though you could not see Him?”
I kept thinking of big events that had happened in my life. Lord knows, there have been many that He has used my trials to strengthen me. I couldn’t get past looking beyond the big obvious troubles to see the simple small events in my daily walk. Well…that is until I got back from my trip.
Before we left to go out of town, I cleaned my house from top to bottom. I knew that I wouldn’t have much time when I got back because we had several things on the calendar. We had a luncheon with our Sunday school class which I needed to make rigatoni for and I was hosting a fellowship on Monday for my bsf class. We got back and everything was in order....well except that my son had a fever.
My first thought was, this will pass- we will be fine and still have all our activities. But, I didn’t see the bigger picture that the Lord had planned for me. I had just gotten back from a four day trip away from my kids. I wasn’t supposed to be doing anything but spending quality time with my family and the Lord used this little fever to show me! Funny thing is, I had just written a devotional about my ‘schedule’!! Obviously, He had a little more to teach me!
I can feel Jesus’ presence.

Sometimes, the Lord is so obvious with His answers; I just have to say…Really, Seriously?



As I am sitting here writing, I am suppose to be hosting fellowship at my home with some amazing women. But instead, my son is lying with his head in my lap. Despite his nasty cold, I am enjoying the moment. After all, my house is clean, I have an extra meal cooked that I was suppose to take to ABF yesterday, and the laundry is done and put away. I have been able to sit & enjoy Brenon's humor as he has asked me for a "pretty-back ride" and I am now smiling as I hear him saying, "Mommy, you are the best Mommy in the whole wide world".

I couldn’t have planned this day any better.
Thank you Lord for planning my day FOR ME!

No comments: