Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Do you ever dread working out to the point that you have to drag yourself into the gym? Or are you one of those people that go on a regular basis and always love it? I am somewhere in between. I am one of those people that enjoys a good workout but sometimes feel like I am just going through the motions to check it off my list for the day.

One of the most helpful things for me has been finding someone to keep me motivated. It is nice to know that on a day when I am tired and just want to lie around, I get that all inspiring phone call. Okay, maybe it is sometimes a guilt trip; sometimes it is an excuse to have a break from the kids, or a welcomed adult conversation in the midst of the routine. Or maybe it is just the fact that I know I don’t have to go at it alone! And then there are the days when I feel at my best and serve to return the favor. So, I guess you could say that we keep each other in check. There are also the days when we are both geared up for a good workout. These days we tend to challenge each other, setting the mark just a little bit higher than we might if we went about it alone.

Another thing that has helped my workout routine is finding something to make it fun. I need something to change the pace and make it interesting, so I don’t have to force myself to go. It has helped that I have found a fun aerobic class, Zumba! I actually look forward to going! During this class, I almost forget that I am exercising AND the great news is…..I burn up to 1100 calories in one class! This class has single handedly re-energized my workout routine.

Do you need something to re-energize and renew your routine?

Ephesians 4:23 ‘And be renewed in the spirit of your mind’

Do you ever find yourself making excuses not to study God’s word, dragging your feet to the point that you have to be force yourself to make time? Or do you sometimes feel that you are just going through the motions? God doesn’t want you to come to Him out of guilt or obligation. He wants you to have a refreshed spirit and an excitement for doing His good works in your life. Welcome God into the midst of your routine. Challenge yourself to set the mark a little bit higher. Find that place, that special class, person, bible study…whatever it is that re-energizes your daily routine and walk with the Lord!

No comments: