Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day...

I remember when I first met my husband, I had butterflies. I think I must have been glowing. I could not contain myself from telling everyone around me about him. I wanted to introduce him to my friends, I wanted them to see just how amazing he was to me! I remember how annoyed my best friend (and roommate) would get after the 10th phone call of the day...she would yell, "It's him again". We could not get enough of each other. He made me want to be a better person. I looked for creative ways to surprise him and display my love for him. I looked forward to spending time together. After 10 years, I still share this passion for my husband.
Wouldnt it be great if we had this same type of love for the Lord? He wants us to have this type desire in our hearts. He wants us to have "butterflies". He wants us to bring our time, energy, and resources with a passion in our heart. When you are filled with God's love, it changes your wants and desires. HE makes you want to be a better person! This love should be our drive and motivation. We should not be burdened, guilty, or feel a sense of sacrafice. We should look forward to the opportunity to serve.
So, on this Valentine's day...ask yourself, 'Where is your heart?' Are you sharing your love for the Lord with others? Where do you place value in your life vs what do you think God values in your life? Dont be held captive by your possessions. You are God's greatest investment, give HIM a return on his investment! You will never feel 'empty handed' when HE is alive in your hands!

No comments: