Search This Blog

Monday, August 04, 2008

Where is the road of life taking you?


Ephesians 3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

I was doing a cook day with some ladies from church the other day. As I went to pick up my supplies, all I could do was complain about the task at hand. I was filled with dread of cutting all my vegetables. I couldn’t help from wondering how many hours it was going to take. When I got home, I sat down with my daughter. I told her how I used to break green beans with my grandmother when I was her age. She sat beside me smiling from ear to ear eager to help me. As we finished breaking the green beans, she looked at me and said, “Mommy, I cant wait to grow up and be a mommy and teach my child how to work as a team”. Then we moved onto the green peppers, broccoli, and potatoes. Soon my husband came home, put on an apron, and joined the team. We had our project done in no time, but more importantly we spent time working together. At 6am on Saturday, I drove to my friend’s house to begin the cook day. Everyone began to arrive and we were all scurrying around making recipes. As I was preparing my recipe, I just had to take it all in. Sandra was tired, so her husband came and cooked for her, then she came and they switched out. Sophie’s husband and entire family, husband and all seven kids were helping at some point during the day. Same with Nancy, her kids and husband were not only helping but smiling and having fun while doing it.
I left on Saturday before noon with FORTY meals to put in my freezer and feed my family over the next few months. But more than that, I came away with a desire to look at life with a more positive attitude of servitude.

I feel abundantly blessed in so many ways. I feel unworthy of the beauty the Lord has brought into my life. It makes me wonder, why has God given me such a wonderful life?
I need to evaluate my life....
Am I doing everything that He has planned for me?
Can I do more?
Could I be more giving with an attitude of what can I give instead of what do I have to gain?
Could my motives be less selfish, more understanding, less demanding, more patient, and slow to anger?
Am I sharing the word of God with every opportunity?

Ephesians 11-12: In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.

So today, I say this prayer, “May the Lord renew my spirit. May my actions and words be guided by His will for my life. May I look at others with an attitude of servitude and may the people around me lift me up and help me to be a better Christian friend, wife, and mother. In His name I pray, Amen.”

2 comments:

Bridgette Boudreaux said...

That's a great prayer! Thanks for sharing.

The Simpson Family said...

WOW ... thanks for sharing that! That post if very inspiring; thank you!